Consumer Sector Update for 01/25/2018: WMT, MCD, DIS, CVS, KO, PG, F, LVS, WHR, MKC, DEO
Top Consumer Shares:
Consumer shares were mostly firmer ahead of the opening bell on Thursday.
– Ford ( F ): says Q4 results increased year over year and provides 2018 guidance in line with Street estimates
– Las Vegas Sands ( LVS ): reports Q4 earnings and revenue above year-ago levels and ahead of analysts esimates.
– Whirlpool ( WHR ): misses Q4 sales estimates but ongoing EPS comes in better than expected
– McCormick & Company ( MKC ) reported better-than-expected Q4 earnings and revenue that matched analysts’ expectations; it also provided earnings guidance for fiscal 2018 above Street estimates
News from overseas:
– Diageo (DEO, DGE.L): reports moderate increase in first-half sales amid strong performance in Europe, Asia Pacific
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
Copyright (C) 2016 MTNewswires.com. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.