28 Jan Consumer Sector Update for 01/26/2018: WMT, MCD, DIS, CVS, KO, SBUX, CL, LEA, NBEV
Top Consumer Shares:
KO: – 0.2%
Consumer shares were mostly higher ahead of the opening bell on Friday.
– Starbucks ( SBUX ): down nearly 5% after it reported Q1 revenue shy of Street estimates
– Colgate-Palmolive ( CL ): down more than 3% after posting Q4 in line with projections while revenue fell short
– Lear LEA): posted better-than-expected Q4 resuilts
– New Age Beverages ( NBEV ): began shipping its new Coco-Libre Sparkling portfolio to major customers nationally
News from overseas:
– French luxury goods retailer LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton (MC.PA) unveiled plans to raise its dividend and said that had entered 2018 with “cautious confidence” after posting double-digit growth in both its revenue and profit from recurring operations last year
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
Copyright (C) 2016 MTNewswires.com. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.